Lesson Plan: Reading Bar Graphs Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read and make vertical and horizontal bar graphs with unit scales, compare the number in each category, and complete bar graphs.
Students will be able to
- choose appropriate titles and labels for bar graphs,
- read both vertical and horizontal bar graphs,
- complete vertical and horizontal bar graphs,
- compare categories in bar graphs including calculating the difference,
- calculate the total of up to 3 categories.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting whole numbers up to 20.
Students will not cover
- reading or interpreting bar graphs with scales other than 1.