Lesson Plan: Equivalent Amounts of Money up to EGP 1,000
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to decompose money and find multiple ways to create the same amounts for amounts less than 1,000 LE.
Students will be able to
- decompose large denominations of money into smaller denominations,
- combine 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 LE notes to create a given total,
- identify multiple ways to combine banknotes to create a given total,
- investigate ways to make amounts with the least number of bank notes.
Students should already be familiar with
- decomposing money up to 100 LE,
- recognizing, counting, and adding amounts over 100 LE,
- finding equivalent amounts of money up to 100 LE.
Students will not cover
- adding money up to 1,000 LE using the formal written method.