Lesson Plan: Dividing by 3 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use various strategies to divide by 3 within the known times table up to 12 × 3.
Students will be able to
- use models to divide by 3,
- skip count to divide by 3,
- use known multiplication facts to divide by 3,
- solve word problems involving division by 3.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward in 3s,
- the 3 times table up to .
Students will not cover
- quotients larger than 12.