Lesson Plan: Angles and Right Angles Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recognize and define angles, identify right angles, and make angles that are bigger or smaller than a given angle.
Students will be able to
- explain what an angle is,
- identify lines that form an angle and count angles in objects and shapes,
- explain what a right angle is,
- identify and count right angles,
- compare angles visually.
Students will not cover
- angle measures (degree and degree notation),
- other angle types (e.g., acute and obtuse),
- drawing angles.