Lesson Plan: Counting to 100 in Tens and Ones Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to count up to 100 objects by making groups of ten and counting by tens and ones.
Students will be able to
- group numbers up to 100 into groups of ten and left over ones,
- count by tens and ones up to 100 using models and number lines,
- read and write numerals to 100.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting forward and backward within 100,
- recognizing numbers up to 100.
Students will not cover
- numbers over 100,
- place value of numbers.