Lesson Plan: Determinants Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the properties of determinants and use them to solve problems.
Students will be able to
- understand how to multiply a determinant by a scalar,
- understand that the determinant of a matrix is equal to the determinant of the transpose of the matrix,
- understand that the determinant of a product of matrices is equal to the product of the determinants of the matrices,
- understand that the determinant of a triangular matrix equals the product of the diagonal elements,
- use the properties of determinants to solve problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to find the determinant of a matrix,
- how to find the determinant of a matrix.
Students will not cover
- properties of determinants of matrices larger than .