Lesson Plan: Piecewise Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, write, and evaluate a piecewise function.
Students will be able to
- recall the definition of a piecewise function,
- understand the notation and graphs of piecewise functions,
- evaluate a piecewise function using its equation,
- evaluate a piecewise function using its graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- open and closed dots on a graph.
Students will not cover
- drawing graphs of piecewise functions,
- the domain and range of a piecewise function.