Lesson Plan: Place Value of Five-Digit Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to read and write five-digit numbers and state the place value of each digit.
Students will be able to
- recognize, read, and write 5-digit numbers,
- state the place value of each digit in a 5-digit number,
- state the value of each digit in a 5-digit number,
- compare the value of digits in 5-digit numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- place value of 4-digit numbers,
- representing 4-digit numbers using place value counters and place value tables.
Students will not cover
- numbers greater than 99 999,
- writing 5-digit numbers in expanded, word, or standard form.