Lesson Plan: Displacement Reactions Chemistry • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe displacement reactions, exploring their relation to the reactivity series.
Students will be able to
- define displacement reactions,
- write equations for displacement reactions of metals,
- compare the reactivities of metals, carbon, and hydrogen based on the outcomes of displacement reactions,
- identify the position of carbon and hydrogen in the reactivity series,
- predict the outcomes of a displacement reaction based on the reactivity series,
- predict and explain the changes observed during displacement reactions such as color or temperature changes,
- describe simple experiments to monitor displacement reactions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the reactivity series,
- ionic equations.
Students will not cover
- electrochemical reactions.