Lesson Plan: Linear–Quadratic Systems of Equations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve linear–quadratic systems of equations.
Students will be able to
- solve a system of equations containing one first-degree polynomial and one second-degree polynomial,
- form and solve systems containing one first-degree polynomial and one second-degree polynomial that represent a given real-world situation.
Students should already be familiar with
- forming systems of linear equations to represent a given situation,
- solving systems of linear equations by graphing, by substitution, and by elimination,
- solving linear equations,
- solving quadratic equations.
Students will not cover
- solving systems of quadratic equations,
- problems involving graphs of circles or ellipses.