Lesson Plan: Limits by Direct Substitution Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the direct substitution method to evaluate limits.
Students will be able to
- use the direct substitution method to find limits of constant, polynomial, radical, rational, trigonometric, exponential, and absolute value functions,
- determine the value of a constant in a function given its limit at a point.
Students should already be familiar with
- limit notation,
- finding limits from tables and graphs.
Students will not cover
- properties of limits,
- evaluating limits using algebraic techniques,
- limits at infinity and unbounded limits.