Lesson Plan: Multiplicative Comparison: Word Problems
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the area and perimeter of rectangles using multiplicative comparison.
Students will be able to
- draw rectangles using multiplicative comparison statements,
- calculate the area and perimeter of rectangles drawn using multiplicative comparison,
- solve word problems involving multiplicative comparison statements.
Students should already be familiar with
- writing equations to represent multiplicative comparisons,
- calculating the area of squares and rectangles,
- calculating the perimeter of squares and rectangles,
- times tables up to ,
- multiplying whole numbers up to 2 digits by 1-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- converting between units,
- decimal values.