Lesson Plan: Comparing Masses Indirectly Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to compare the masses of two objects by comparing their masses to a third object.
Students will be able to
- compare two objects by mass by comparing them both to a third object,
- write comparison statements comparing two objects,
- order three objects using indirect comparison.
Students should already be familiar with
- directly comparing objects by mass,
- the terms heavier and lighter.
Students will not cover
- measuring objects,
- indirect comparison of more than 3 objects.