Lesson Plan: Parallel and Perpendicular Vectors in 2D Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recognize parallel and perpendicular vectors in 2D.
Students will be able to
- identify parallel and perpendicular vectors in 2D,
- find a vector component of a 2D vector given that two vectors are parallel or perpendicular.
Students should already be familiar with
- 2D vectors and vector notation,
- operations on vectors in 2D.
- the dot product of vectors in 2D.
Students will not cover
- vectors in 3D or higher dimensions.