Lesson Plan: Repeated Addition with Arrays Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write repeated addition number sentences to describe the total number of objects in an array.
Students will be able to
- write repeated addition sentences for an array,
- identify the two possible repeated addition sentences to show the total number of objects in an array,
- find the total number of objects in an array using a repeated addition sentence.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying and creating arrays,
- skip counting to find totals in arrays.
Students will not cover
- counting equal groups not displayed in arrays,
- writing multiplication expressions to represent an array.