Lesson Plan: Properties and Special Cases of Parallelograms Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of a parallelogram and identify the special cases of parallelograms along with their properties.
Students will be able to
- identify quadrilaterals that are parallelograms,
- recognize the following properties of a parallelogram:
- opposite sides are parallel,
- opposite sides are equal in length,
- opposite angles are equal in measure,
- the sum of two adjacent angles is ,
- the diagonals bisect each other,
- use the properties of parallelograms to find missing lengths or angles,
- identify the following special cases of a parallelogram:
- solve problems involving the special cases of parallelograms.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the perimeter of a parallelogram.
Students will not cover
- finding the area of a parallelogram.