Lesson Plan: Two-Step Equations Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve two-step equations using the properties of equality in ℕ and ℤ.
Students will be able to
- use the properties of equality in and to solve two-step equations,
- solve two-step equations using the reverse order of operations,
- solve simple word problems by writing and solving two-step equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- the order of operations,
- solving one-step equations using addition and subtraction,
- solving one-step equations using multiplication and division.
Students will not cover
- equations with more than one solution,
- equations with more than one unknown,
- solving equations of the second or third degree.