Lesson Plan: Number Patterns: Negative Integers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to create or extend number patterns given their rules and derive rules from number patterns involving integers.
Students will be able to
- extend patterns involving integers,
- derive the rule of a numerical pattern involving integers,
- identify growing patterns,
- express the rule of a number pattern in words,
- complete a number pattern with missing numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- number patterns involving natural numbers,
- the set of integers.
Students will not cover
- shape patterns.