Lesson Plan: Central Angles in a Circle Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify a central angle in a circle and find its measure using its properties.
Students will be able to
- understand what a central angle in a circle is,
- find the measure of a central angle given its proportion of the whole angle of the circle,
- find the measure of a central angle given the length of the arc that subtends it and the circumference of the circle,
- find the measure of a central angle contained in a triangle using the total angle sum of the triangle.
Students should already be familiar with
- arcs and arc length,
- number of degrees in a circle.
Students will not cover
- circle theorems,