Lesson Plan: Triangles Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify triangles, count the sides and corners of triangles, and identify real-life objects that are shaped like triangles.
Students will be able to
- identify triangles in different orientations,
- identify triangles of different sizes and colors,
- count the sides and corners of triangles,
- count triangles within an image,
- identify real-life objects that are shaped like triangles.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to count accurately to 3,
- recognizing the sides and corners of polygons such as squares and rectangles.
Students will not cover
- counting the angles of triangles,
- measuring the sides or angles of triangles.