Lesson Plan: Rounding Numbers up to 100,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to round whole numbers within 100,000 to any place value using number lines and by considering the value of each digit.
Students will be able to
- round whole numbers to the nearest ten,
- round whole numbers to the nearest hundred,
- round whole numbers to the nearest thousand,
- round whole numbers to the nearest ten thousand,
- round numbers using number lines,
- round numbers using place value.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 100,000,
- representing numbers up to 100,000 on number lines.
Students will not cover
- rounding numbers greater than 100,000.