Lesson Plan: Sexual Reproduction in Animals Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the stages of sexual reproduction in animals.
Students will be able to
- explain that sexual reproduction in animals requires a male and a female,
- explain that sperm is made in the male animal’s body and eggs are made in the female animal’s body,
- define fertilization in animals,
- describe the stages of sexual reproduction in animals,
- compare internal and external fertilization,
- compare internal and external gestation.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that reproduction is a life process.
Students will not cover
- the full life cycle of different kinds of animals,
- the parts of the reproductive system,
- the terms cell and gamete.