Lesson Plan: Structure of the Chloroplast Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the structure of the chloroplast and to explain how the chloroplast is adapted for its function.
Students will be able to
- describe the structure of the chloroplast,
- explain adaptations chloroplasts have for their function,
- outline the importance of photosynthetic pigments in photosynthesis,
- identify the sites for the two main stages of photosynthesis.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that plant cells contain chloroplasts.
Students will not cover
- the details of the light-dependent or the light-independent reactions.