Lesson Plan: Multiplying by 2 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use skip counting and doubling and recall multiplication facts to multiply by 2.
Students will be able to
- use skip counting and doubling to multiply by 2,
- recite 2 multiplication facts up to 20,
- identify patterns in multiples of 2 (including the fact that they are all even numbers) and use these to check answers.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing multiplications using arrays and equal groups,
- the multiplication symbol.
Students will not cover
- multiples of 2 greater than 20,
- solving word problems.