Lesson Plan: Fluorescent Lamps Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the uses and structure of the fluorescent lamp and compare the fluorescent lamp to the light bulb.
Students will be able to
- name uses of the fluorescent lamp,
- describe the structure of a fluorescent lamp,
- identify a compact fluorescent lamp,
- compare the working times of compact fluorescent lamps to those of light bulbs,
- compare the structure and function of fluorescent lamps to those of light bulbs.
Students should already be familiar with
- the conversion of energy from one form to another,
- series circuits,
- the properties of metal elements,
- common appliances that use electricity,
- the structure of the light bulb.
Students will not cover
- detail of how fluorescent lamps work.