Lesson Plan: Scalar Projection Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the scalar projection of a vector onto another vector.
Students will be able to
- find the component of a vector in the
direction of another vector when given
- the components of vectors and ,
- the magnitude of vector and the angle between vectors and .
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the magnitude of a vector,
- the scalar (dot) product,
- unit vectors,
- vectors in 3D.
Students will not cover
- vector projection,
- vector (cross) product.