Lesson Plan: Geometric Sequences Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the common ratio, find next terms in a geometric sequence, and check if the sequence increases or decreases.
Students will be able to
- understand that the ratio of two successive terms of a geometric sequence is constant and is called the common ratio,
- identify the common ratio of a geometric sequence from its recursive formula,
- find the first terms of a geometric sequence using the common ratio,
- identify whether a given sequence is geometric,
- classify a given geometric sequence as decreasing or increasing,
- identify the graphical representation of the geometric sequence.
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- geometric series.