Lesson Plan: Volumes of Rectangular Prisms and Cubes Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the volume of a cube given its dimensions and solve real-world problems.
Students will be able to
- identify that the cube is a rectangular prism with equal dimensions,
- find the volume of a cube,
- solve word problems on the volumes of cubes,
- find the edge length of a cube given its volume.
Students should already be familiar with
- the volume of the rectangular prism,
- multiplying two-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- volumes of composite shapes.