Lesson Plan: Solutions to Energy Use Science • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to reduce the amount of energy we use through conservation and use the design process to make energy use more efficient.
Students will be able to
- define conservation,
- identify and define the three R’s of conservation as reduce, reuse, and recycle,
- give examples of conservation practices including energy conservation,
- explain the design process,
- use the terms constraint, criteria, and prototype,
- describe how the design process can help create solutions related to energy use.
Students should already be familiar with
- impacts of energy use,
- energy transformations,
- renewable and nonrenewable energy,
- different types of energy.
Students will not cover
- the creation of their own design solutions to a problem,
- using renewable sources of energy to conserve energy.