Lesson Plan: Dividing Two-Digit Numbers by One-Digit Numbers: Long Division with Remainders Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the standard long division algorithm to divide a two-digit number by a one-digit number to give answers with remainders.
Students will be able to
- use the standard long division algorithm to divide a two-digit number by a one-digit number to give answers with a remainder,
- find missing numbers in partially complete solutions,
- identify errors in solutions.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplication and division facts within multiplication tables up to .
Students will not cover
- division problems where the divisor is greater than 9.