Lesson Plan: Geometric Constructions: Triangles Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use rulers, protractors, and compasses to construct, classify, and find missing sides and angles in triangles.
Students will be able to
- use tools to construct triangles given information about side lengths or angle measurements,
- measure the angles or side lengths of triangles they have constructed,
- classify triangles they have constructed.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to use rulers, protractors, and compasses,
- concepts of length and angle measurements,
- the definitions of equilateral, isosceles, scalene and right triangles.
Students will not cover
- shapes other than triangles,
- units of length other than centimeters,
- altitudes of triangles.