Lesson Plan: Geometric Transformations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to perform simple transformations on a grid and identify different geometric transformations, such as translation, reflection, and rotation, of some figures.
Students will be able to
- identify whether a figure has been reflected, rotated, or translated,
- label corresponding points on the image of a polygon following a transformation,
- perform a simple transformation on a grid given a coordinate transformation.
Students should already be familiar with
- the definition of a transformation, a translation, a reflection, and a rotation.
Students will not cover
- combining transformations,