Lesson Plan: Recognizing and Counting Money: 1 Pound and 10 Pounds
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify 1 LE coins, 1 LE notes, and 10 LE notes, calculate and compare amounts of these coins and notes, and identify items that can be purchased with these amounts.
Students will be able to
- identify a 1 LE note,
- identify a 1 LE coin,
- identify a 10 LE note,
- count 1 LE notes and 10 LE notes,
- recognize that one 10 LE note is equal to ten 1 LE notes,
- compare amounts in 1 LE notes and 10 LE notes,
- identify items that can be bought with 1 LE coins, 1 LE notes, and 10 LE notes,
- recognize that more notes does not necessarily mean more money.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of buying goods using money (experience not formal teaching),
- counting and comparing numbers up to 40,
- counting in tens.
Students will not cover
- forms of currency other than 1 LE coins, 1 LE notes, and 10 LE notes,
- calculating the total cost of multiple items.