Lesson Plan: Estimating Differences between Two-Digit Numbers: Rounding Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate the difference between two-digit numbers by rounding to the nearest ten.
Students will be able to
- round 2-digit numbers to the nearest ten,
- round two 2-digit numbers to estimate their difference,
- apply estimation strategies to problem-solving.
Students should already be familiar with
- subtracting two-digit numbers on a number line,
- subtracting two-digit numbers using the column method.
Students will not cover
- three-digit numbers.