Lesson Plan: Set of Natural Numbers
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to check if a number or a set of numbers is included in the set of natural numbers.
Students will be able to
- define the set of natural numbers as the set of counting numbers together with 0,
- determine whether a number is a natural number or not,
- decide whether a set is a subset of natural numbers or not,
- define common subsets of natural numbers, such as even numbers, odd numbers, and prime numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- finite and infinite sets,
- intersections and unions of sets,
- subsets of sets.
Students will not cover
- the sets , , and ,
- differences between sets,
- negative numbers,
- evaluating algebraic expressions.