Lesson Plan: Specialized Cells Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recall different specialized cells, describe their adaptations, and relate these adaptations to their functions.
Students will be able to
- state that the cell is the basic building block of all living organisms,
- recall that multicellular organisms contain many different cells that carry out different functions,
- give examples of specialized animal cells including nerve cells, sperm cells, egg cells, muscle cells, ciliated cells, and red blood cells,
- describe some adaptations of specialized cells,
- explain how the adaptations of specialized cells help them carry out their functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the major organelles and structures found in animal and plants cells.
Students will not cover
- the detailed process of differentiation,
- stem cells.