Lesson Plan: Irreversible Changes Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and identify irreversible changes.
Students will be able to
- define and identify irreversible changes,
- explain what a chemical reaction is,
- identify the signs of a chemical reaction,
- identify examples of chemical reactions, including burning and rusting.
Students should already be familiar with
- reversible changes,
- the names and properties of common materials,
- the names of the states of matter and changes of state.
Students will not cover
- any detail of what is happening to particles or elements during chemical reactions.