Lesson Plan: Adding Tens Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add multiples of ten and model this with place value equipment.
Students will be able to
- add a multiple of ten to a multiple of ten,
- count on in tens to add,
- use concrete and pictorial models to add tens,
- use known facts to add two multiples of 10.
Students should already be familiar with
- place value of two-digit numbers,
- adding one-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- numbers above 100.