Lesson Plan: Logarithmic Regression Model Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use logarithmic scales to change exponential relationships to linear ones and how to use this to determine linear regression.
Students will be able to
- recall how to code data using logarithms to give a linear relationship and determine the gradient and intercepts of the linear relationship,
- find constants given a graph or data in exponential and linear (logarithmic) form,
- determine if models are appropriate for describing a relationship between two variables.
Students should already be familiar with
- modeling with exponential functions,
- logarithms (evaluating and laws),
- exponential functions.
Students will not cover
- change of base rule,
- graphing logarithmic functions,
- product-moment correlation coefficient.