Lesson Plan: Reading Thermometers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure temperature in degrees Celsius using a thermometer and compare temperatures.
Students will be able to
- recognize that a thermometer is used to measure temperature,
- recognize that temperature can be measured in degrees Celsius,
- recognize that higher temperatures are warmer and lower temperatures are cooler,
- estimate temperatures,
- solve simple problems regarding temperature in degrees Celsius.
Students will not cover
- temperature in degrees Fahrenheit,
- negative numbers.