Lesson Plan: Variables and Constants Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define constants and variables and write mathematical relations to show the relationships between them.
Students will be able to
- understand the meaning of a constant and a variable,
- identify the constant and the variable in simple real-world problems,
- represent variables with symbols or letters,
- complete tables representing a mathematical relationship,
- write a mathematical relation to describe relationships between constants and variables.
Students should already be familiar with
- interpreting and writing algebraic expressions.
Students will not cover
- the meaning of equation,
- solving equations.