Lesson Plan: Water on Earth Science • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recognize, describe, and classify bodies of water on Earth.
Students will be able to
- understand that most of Earth’s water is found in the oceans,
- use a map to determine that Earth’s surface is mostly covered with water,
- recognize both liquid and solid bodies of water on a map,
- describe and compare glaciers, rivers, streams, oceans, ponds, and lakes.
Students should already be familiar with
- describing different landforms and bodies of water on Earth’s surface,
- the states of matter.
Students will not cover
- the water cycle,