Lesson Plan: The Sum of Angles in Quadrilaterals
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find a missing angle’s measure in a quadrilateral knowing that the sum of angles in a quadrilateral is 360 degrees.
Students will be able to
- understand why the angles in a quadrilateral sum to 360 degrees,
- find unknown angles in a quadrilateral by applying the angle sum property.
Students should already be familiar with
- types of angles,
- types of triangles and their angle properties,
- names of different types of quadrilaterals,
- sum of angles in a triangle,
- vertically opposite angles,
- angles formed by parallel lines and a transversal.
Students will not cover
- angles in -sided polygons, where ,
- angles in radians.