Lesson Plan: The Male Reproductive System Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the main structures of the male reproductive system and explain how they are adapted to carry out their functions.
Students will be able to
- describe the components of the male reproductive system, including the testes, glands, sperm ducts, urethra, and penis,
- outline the functions of the components of the male reproductive system,
- state that the male hormone testosterone controls the development of secondary sexual characteristics.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept that human reproduction is the process of producing new offspring.
Students will not cover
- seminiferous tubules,
- the function of the epididymis.