Lesson Plan: Three-Digit Numbers on a Number Line Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to locate and represent three-digit numbers on number lines with different scales.
Students will be able to
- model three-digit numbers on number lines with different scales,
- count in ones, tens, or hundreds on a number line within 1,000,
- estimate the position of a number between intervals on a number line.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 1,000,
- counting in hundreds, tens, and ones.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers using number lines.