Lesson Plan: Decimal Sequences Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify addition and subtraction rules in decimal sequences and use these rules to find unknown terms.
Students will be able to
- recognize whether a sequence is increasing or decreasing,
- identify the rule for a given sequence,
- identify missing numbers in a decimal sequence,
- write a sequence given the rule and the first term.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting decimals with up to two decimal places.
Students will not cover
- decimals with more than two decimal places,
- writing algebraic expressions for sequences,
- sequences involving multiplication and division.