Lesson Plan: Degree and Coefficient of Polynomials Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine the degree of a polynomial and use the terminology associated with polynomials, such as terms, coefficients, and constants.
Students will be able to
- understand and use the terminology used to describe polynomials,
- identify a polynomial expression,
- find the degree of a given polynomial,
- identify the coefficient of a polynomial term,
- identify the number of terms in a polynomial.
Students will not cover
- function notation,
- polynomial functions,
- polynomial equations.