Lesson Plan: Argand Diagram Mathematics • 12th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify complex numbers plotted on an Argand diagram and discover their geometric properties.
Students will be able to
- identify complex numbers plotted on an Argand diagram,
- represent complex numbers on an Argand diagram,
- find the midpoint of two complex numbers on an Argand diagram,
- interpret addition, multiplication by a real number and by , and conjugation of complex numbers geometrically.
Students should already be familiar with
- complex numbers in Cartesian form,
- adding complex numbers,
- multiplying complex numbers by a real number and ,
- conjugates of complex numbers,
- adding vectors.
Students will not cover
- complex numbers written in polar and exponential forms,
- modulus and argument of complex numbers.