Lesson Plan: Moment of a Couple Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the moment of a couple of two forces and the resultant of two or more couples.
Students will be able to
- understand that a couple consists of two forces of equal magnitude, acting in opposite directions,
- calculate the moment of a couple about a point in space
- with forces defined using vectors,
- with forces defined using geometric shapes.
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- systems of forces equivalent to a couple,
- 3D systems.