Lesson Plan: Trigonometric Ratios in Right Triangles Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find and express the values of the three trigonometric ratios—sine, cosine, and tangent—for a given angle in a right triangle.
Students will be able to
- find any trigonometric ratios in a right triangle given at least two of its sides,
- find a trigonometric ratio in a right triangle given another trigonometric ratio.
Students should already be familiar with
- applying the Pythagorean theorem to find a missing side in a right triangle.
Students will not cover
- finding the measure of an angle given the value of a trigonometric ratio,
- finding the length of a side given the value of a trigonometric ratio.